We all love makeup and we spend a lot of our money on them, but being a Muslim its important for us to do some surveys before purchasing. I made few mistakes and purchased few products from different brands and now researched and found that they contain prohibited animal fats.
How to know which fat is prohibited? How to understand the meaning of ingredients?
Now that’s something we can research and we should research. We can start our research
- We should know that our makeup is free from animal driven fats.
- We should know the list of brands which are completely involved in animal testing.
- We should know at least the major ingredients of our product and the theory of that ingredient.
- Email the brands and ask them about their products. And tell them the exact product name along with the shades so that they can provide you information.
Since morning I am googling and I am glad that we are blessed with the power of internet.
I will share some important links information with you all.
These links contain list of brands which are involve/not involve in animal testing.
Let me just share ingredients with you which I know and are not HALAL.
- Carmine/Cochineal/Natural Red/E12o – Insects driven coloring used in various products besides makeup
For a start note I noticed that my Maybelline Tattoos do contain Carmine.. See Here
Allah(S.W.T) knows better but now a question in my mind arise that can we use them in skin care products or in eye shadows. As i heard people saying that these and other alcoholic ingredients are only HARAM for eating. Which means that presence of these ingredients in Lipsticks, Lip gloss, Lip balm are no way accepted.
Lets pray to ALLAH(S.W.T) to save us from HARAAM and to guide us at every step of our life.
I like to thank my friend Shafaq Yamin ,who is also a part of my research.
I hope it helps you all.